What is Tourism?
Tourism is defined as a composite of activities, services, and industries that delivers a travel experience to individuals and groups traveling fifty miles or more from their homes for purposes of pleasure.
The business sectors comprising the tourism industry include: transportation, accommodations, eating and drinking establishments, shops, entertainment venues, activity facilities, and a variety of hospitality service providers who cater to individuals or groups traveling away from home.
Tourism product is not produced by a single business, nonprofit organization, or governmental agency; rather, it is defined as “a satisfying visitor experience.” This definition encompasses every activity and experience that a tourist encounters during his or her entire trip away from home.
NEXT TOPIC: What is the tourism traffic tool?
LIST OF THE TOPICS IN THIS SECTION (TOURISM TRAFFIC KEY QUESTIONS)
- What is tourism? (You are here)
- What is the tourism traffic tool?
- How can the tourism traffic tool help tourism businesses and destinations?
- How did we develop the tourism traffic tool?
- Which factors are typically believed to have the greatest influence on tourists' behaviors?
- How did we decide which variables to include in in the tourism traffic tool?