What is the tourism traffic tool?
At its most basic, a model is a representation of a process or system that attempts to relate the most important variables in the system in such a way that analysis of the model leads to insights into the system. In short, a model is merely a simplified representation of how something happens or works in the real world.
Researchers at Michigan State University (MSU) have developed tourism traffic tools to help tourism businesses and pleasure travel destinations quantify the impact that a variety of historical factors, including weather and economic conditions—among others, have on the number of tourists who travel on selected Michigan roadways.
NEXT TOPIC: How can the tourism traffic tool help tourism businesses and destinations?
PREVIOUS TOPIC: What is tourism?
LIST OF THE TOPICS IN THIS SECTION (TOURISM TRAFFIC KEY QUESTIONS)
- What is tourism?
- What is the tourism traffic tool? (You are here)
- How can the tourism traffic tool help tourism businesses and destinations?
- How did we develop the tourism traffic tool?
- Which factors are typically believed to have the greatest influence on tourists' behaviors?
- How did we decide which variables to include in in the tourism traffic tool?