How did we develop the tourism traffic tool?
The researchers used a common methodology known as multiple regression analysis. The term “multiple regression” was first used by Pearson in 1908. The general purpose of multiple regression is to learn more about the relationship between several independent (or predictor) variables and a dependent (or criterion) variable.
In the social sciences, including tourism research, multiple regression procedures are very widely used. In general, multiple regression allows researchers to ask (and hopefully answer) the general question, "what is the best predictor of …”.
LIST OF THE TOPICS IN THIS SECTION (TOURISM TRAFFIC KEY QUESTIONS)
- What is tourism?
- What is the tourism traffic tool?
- How can the tourism traffic tool help tourism businesses and destinations?
- How did we develop the tourism traffic tool? (You are here)
- Which factors are typically believed to have the greatest influence on tourists' behaviors?
- How did we decide which variables to include in in the tourism traffic tool?